Women's Day Special | Fairness treatment and Fairness in treatment :p

I am not a believer of “days”. I hate each of these so called special days from “Fathers day” to “Mothers day”, from “Valentines day” to “Friends day”. Few of these even eat up a whole week. I’ve never consciously wished anyone on these day. Of course there were many awkward situations where people wish you happy friends day out of the blue and my voice instinctively replies. Let alone those involuntary ones, I never cared about these. But being a shameless marketer myself, I thought I could write something on women on their official day and at least garner a few extra views. But this is not going to be any insincere than a losing captain wishing the winner. This one truly is from the heart as my every other post is.

I’ll start with something I read recently. It goes like this, “Adam was not made for Eve, Eve was made for Adam”. When I read this first time, I could only infer one meaning out of it. But then I realized that there can be two interpretations. Based on the one that you make, you’ll fall under one of the two categories of people we see in this world. One kind which believe that women are made for men – meaning women are made to be subordinates of men, wives of men, maids of men and there are words I don’t want to use… those of men. This kind is the one that is found in majority, domestic violence still thrives in the society because of these people. And the worst part is, Men are not the only ones in this kind, there a quite a lot of women who believe that women are meant to be submissive.

How did the collective mindset of the society get afflicted with this patriarchal disease? Only possible explanation I can come up with is the misunderstanding of physical strength to be power. Early men went hunting and used brute force to control animals and people. This illusion of being able to control a women using physical power could have led him to believe that he is superior in some kind. (I am not forgetting those brave women warriors here, I am just keeping myself within the majority). But how come, the educated society of today which have come to more or less believe that physical strength is not power anymore, there are more to superiority than just being macho such as knowledge and skills still believe in the same old dogma.

Well, men still secrete testosterone. Moreover, the society of the present day has started believing in what they are made to believe by the mainstream media. Everything from fairness cream ad to the treatment of women as glam dolls in movies strikes at the root of feminism. And there are a very few who even take it in this perspective. I will make something very clear before I jump into this. I am not against Make-up. Actually I am one of those boys who would give a girl a run for her cosmetics in number of layers I have over my skin.

Back to the point -  What shocks me most is the fact that people don’t find fairness creams offensive. Society has been so infected to interpret fairness as beauty. Why can’t I be dusky and still be confident about it? Deepika talks in length about sex being a women’s right but never says my colour - my right. Isn’t my skin colour my right? With all due respect, you have the right to alter it and make it white. But why do you see white as some high standard that you look up for? Again, Marketing is the culprit. These people just want to sell products and they masterfully crafted this epidemic of attraction towards the fairer skin. And the result, the male dominated society started stalking white skinned girls and fairness enhanced girls and the fairness in five weeks girls. I didn’t only mean literally. Even parents looking for prospective brides for their son want the girl to stand beside a white washed wall and camouflage herself. Women independence starts when a girl stops giving into the society wanting her to be a marble model. Be yourself, you’ll be one of a kind. Be not a copy of that supermodel you saw on the last edition of femina. By restricting women to the belief that she’s just a thing of beauty, people still dominate the world.

Aishwarya Rai is beautiful so is Mother Teresa. Beauty is more than just looks. Don’t you think acid attacks are there just because we consider beauty as the only thing the girl has? The whole glamour and cosmetics industry strives to keep the society believing that girls are nothing more than eye candies. When the world wakes up to the true side, it will be a lot better. We’ll get to see so much of true beauty around. I don’t want to talk about the insane attraction towards anorexia. It will then end up being a book!

The whole movie and tv industry seem to have been monopolized by sex-starved maniacs. From evocative item songs to being outright offensive to women in so called punch dialogues, I do not understand what they want to express to the society. In years to come, if kids of the next generation watch the films of our time they would be disgusted at the treatment of women. Degrading women in every possible manner throughout a film and then shamelessly calling it entertainment should not be taken as lightly as we take it now. We should take a stand against this injustice towards women. Movies are part of the history. We should not be mentioned in history as people who lived at a time when entertainment was watching tastelessly dressed women on screen.

The true idiosyncrasy is the fact that these devils will wear a prada and masquerade as feminists on the screens on these special days. With their core concept against women, the fairness creams will support the education of 5000 women from the money they get from every sachet you buy and with the spine of the film against women the director flanked by the lead actors will stand on stage speaking in lengths about women independence. They will talk about all stuffs like choosing your course, going to work, getting married, having a child etc but they’ll all miss out on this mindset that we are nurturing in the society.

The feminine mindset – The seemingly insignificant forces that are capable of keeping you imprisoned for a lifetime. The sense of being empty without fair skin. The yearning to look beautiful. All these are imposed upon you to keep you from even thinking about your higher purpose.


I churned out so much on the first kind. Let me at least introduce you the other noble kind of people who makes the best interpretation of the statement. “Women are made for Men” – meaning men could not be able to exist without women.  

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of an addictive narrative

I just can't wait to Shine!

Fear of responsibility...