Why Engineering? Final

You might have guessed right! I selected Chetan Bhagat’s “Five point someone”. And I truly believe that it was this book that got me here! I luckily got the side seat in the train. I completed reading the book in one full stretch. It was not a great piece of literature but it struck a chord with me. I was just enticed into doing engineering. It’s been more than a year I was out of college and I was more than craving to get back.

Note: If anyone of you were wondering what happened to my passports and certificates that were with the agent in Dehradun, don’t worry I got them all back. Without going much into details, Dad had some political influence and he leveraged it and of course he took most of the efforts himself.

It may sound weird but even now if I am given a chance I would happily go to college forever! I may not love listening to long boring lectures and doing the routine assignments. But there is something else that attracts me to the world of learning. May be I am too scared of taking responsibility of life which I eventually have to.

Joining Engineering was less of a choice but Computer Science was absolutely what I chose for myself. I knew well that I could not fare well in any other field. There are many students who strive to learn something they haven’t touched at all. I didn’t want to try my luck at electronics or the pneumatics so I just went by my strong side. I already knew C, C++, Java way more than many graduating engineering students so I was confident of the branch.

Life always had its best ironies in store for me. I wasn’t much interested in getting into the marine field while joining the marine training but after the completing the training I was so attracted to the field that I didn’t want to get out of it. Such was it’s pulling power. But I joined engineering with so many expectations and dreams but half way into graduation, I had already lost all my interests in pursuing an engineering career.

Underneath all the career switches I made, there was a sleeping red hot fuel within me which was ready to catch fire any time. As engineering gave up and supplied it a little oxygen, the fire was on. My movie making dreams were back.

I easily wrote more than 1500 words on why engineering? because I knew too well how I got in to it but if you happen to ask me why filmmaking I obviously would go out of words. I really don’t have an answer to that question. Many have asked me that and some even had a different version of the same question. How I got inspired to make films? May be I have to search deep within myself to find an answer to that question and when I find it out, I’ll surely post it here.

Final thoughts…

In spite of all the missteps I’ve taken in my life, I still don't seem to have learnt a lesson from any of them. I realized this when I made the worst of all mistakes recently. I had a vision. I had a destination and all my actions were directed towards it. I was passionate about it and was so dedicated to it. But the one thing I missed was “Plan B”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of an addictive narrative

I just can't wait to Shine!

Fear of responsibility...